J. Leroy Caldwell, Ph.D., PMP
"Roy" Caldwell has over 20 years of experience
in project management, staff development and logistics in high technology,
aviation, finance, government and higher education. A retired Army Lieutenant
Colonel, he has extensive experience as an aviator, test pilot, command,
and inspector general. He has trained over 3,000 project managers and
team members in Project Management Fundamentals.
Roy completed more than 15 major program management consulting assignments
for Fortune 500 companies including: The SABRE Group, Charles Schwab,
Dell Computers, Hewlett-Packard, Inovant/VISA, and Lucent/Octel.
- Returned Travelocity project from six months behind schedule to on-time and on-budget status by shadowing project and program managers, mentoring team members, and implementing project management "best practices".
- Implemented a project management program at American Airlines for three mergers (U.S. Air, Reno Air, TWA), completing two of the projects ahead of schedule and rescuing the third from a 120 day late finish resulting in a cost savings of $500,000, $250,000 and $3,000,000 respectfully.
- Managed project that surveyed 300 public colleges to identify specific functions affected by financial cutbacks; and made recommendations for reallocation of funds with projected budget savings of 27%.
- Project Sponsor for completion of two Helicopter Test Pilot Flight Manuals utilized by over 200 aviation units worldwide. Selected project managers and assisted in team selection, project definition, organization, and completion. Completed each ahead of schedule, resulting in cost savings of $100,000.
- Project Manager for a mobilization / demobilization plan affecting 6,000 soldiers and their equipment, resolving problems encountered in the Gulf War.
Roy holds a Ph.D. in Higher Education Administration and is a Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) by the Project Management Institute.